Safer Riders, Safer Roads
Whether you’re a new or returning rider, here are a few tips from the ‘Licence 2 Ride’ instructors which will help you stay safe on the road:
- Employ an effective observation technique. If you cannot see 5 seconds ahead, slow down.
- Keep your crash avoidance space, as riders we are always in charge of this. It is our responsibility.
- Slow down and set up the breaks if there is a potential someone could accelerate, turn or break in your crash avoidance space.
- Always be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear.
- Never follow any vehicle closer than 3 seconds behind them.
- Always create a buffer zone. Maximising your space from hazards by repositioning the motorcycle to reduce the risk level.
- Knows the best position on the road to be in and knows this may alter due to perceived hazards.
- Knows the risks and that the short-term benefits are not worth the long-term loss. Example, Speeding. Trying to keep up with “Mates”.
- Never ride tired, hungover or succumb to road rage. Never ride with drugs or alcohol in your system.
- Don’t lane split. Lane splitting is dangerous and illegal!
The safety and protection of all riders is vital to us here at ‘Licence 2 Ride’. Due to this, we provide all our riders with additional safety talks and advice to help keep them safe on the road. Want to know more? Contact us today!BOOK A LESSON